The Raise3D Pro 2 is a high-end 3D printer that is popular among professionals and hobbyists alike. The printer is known for its high-quality prints, versatile printing options, and user-friendly interface. However, like all printers, the Raise3D Pro 2 can experience issues with its components, including the electronics board. The electronics board is responsible for controlling various aspects of the printer, including the heaters, motors, and sensors. When the board malfunctions, it can cause significant problems with the printer’s functionality. In this article, we will be discussing the process of replacing the electronics board on the Raise3D Pro 2. We will look at the tools and equipment needed, how to remove the old board, installing the new board, and testing the printer to ensure it’s functioning correctly. By following these steps, you can keep your Raise3D Pro 2 running smoothly and avoid any costly repairs or replacements.
Understanding the Raise3D Pro 2 Electronics Board
Before replacing the electronics board on the Raise3D Pro 2 printer, it’s essential to have a basic understanding of the board’s components. Here’s what you need to know:
- The Raise3D Pro 2 uses a MKS Robin Nano board. This is a 32-bit board that controls the various components of the printer like the motors, heaters, and sensors.
- The electronics board features several connectors such as the X, Y, and Z motor connectors, hotend, heat bed, and several sensors.
- The board contains separate firmware to control specific operations.
While replacing the electronics board may seem daunting at first, it isn’t technically complicated. The process involves some disassembly of the printer, keeping track of some screws, plug-unplug connectors, and making sure you follow some basic safety measures. Additionally, if you don’t feel confident about the procedure, seek assistance from professionals or consult online forums like the Raise3D Community or the Raise3D Support Center. You can also check out Raise3D’s official video tutorial on their YouTube channel for some visual guidance.
Tools and Equipment Needed
Before replacing the electronics board on your Raise3D Pro 2 3D printer, make sure you have the following tools and equipment:
- Phillips screwdriver
- Set of hex wrenches
- Pair of needle-nose pliers
- Spare electronic board
Other things to keep in mind when replacing the electronic board on your Raise3D Pro 2 are:
- Make sure the printer is unplugged from any power source before disassembling.
- Be sure to keep track of the screws you remove, so you can reattach them properly after replacing the board.
- Do not touch the board or any of its components if you are experiencing an electrostatic discharge.
It’s important to have these tools and equipment on hand to ensure a smooth and efficient replacement process. If you do not have the necessary equipment, you can purchase them online from websites like Amazon, Micro Center, or AliExpress.
Removing the Old Electronics Board
When removing the old electronics board, follow these steps:
- Unplug the printer’s power supply and wait for the printer to cool down before beginning to disassemble.
- Remove the back panel covering the electronics board.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver or hex wrench, remove all the screws holding the electronics board in place.
- With the screws removed, gently unplug all the connectors attached to the board.
- If any of the connectors are stubborn, use a pair of needle-nose pliers to remove them carefully.
- Once all the connectors have been removed, you can safely lift the board out of the printer.
Be sure to handle the board with care during the removal process. With the old board removed, you can now proceed with installing the new one. If you are unsure about any of these steps, there are several video tutorials and guides available on websites like YouTube, Raise3D, and Instructables.
Installing the New Electronics Board
To install the new electronics board on your Raise3D Pro 2, follow these steps:
- Attach the new board to the printer’s frame using the screws you removed from the old board. Make sure that the board is securely fastened in place.
- Connect all of the wires to the appropriate pins on the new board. This includes the X, Y, and Z motor connectors, hotend, heat bed, thermistor, and other sensors attached to the printer.
- Double-check that all wires are connected correctly to avoid any technical issues.
- Place the back panel back onto the printer and screw it back into place.
After installing the new board, the printer should be functional once again. However, it’s crucial to test all functionalities to make sure that there are no errors. If you encounter any problems during the replacement process, there are several resources available online, including forums where others with similar issues can provide support. Additionally, it’s always recommended to refer to the manufacturer’s manual to ensure proper functionality.
After installing the new electronics board on your Raise3D Pro 2, it’s essential to test all the functions to ensure that everything is working properly. Here are some steps to follow when testing:
- Plug in the power supply and turn on the printer.
- Check that all the motors, heaters, and sensors are functioning correctly. You can do this by going to the printer’s control panel and checking each component individually.
- Run a test print to ensure that the printer is functioning correctly. Make sure that the printer is printing accurately and that there are no signs of overheating or other errors.
It’s essential to test thoroughly to ensure that your printer is back in optimal condition. If you notice any issues, refer to the manufacturer’s manual for additional troubleshooting steps. Additionally, there are several online forums and resources available to help you with any problems you may encounter.
If you are looking for Raise3D Pro 2 electronics board replacements, you can find them on the official Raise3D website or at other online retailers. It’s important to choose a reliable and compatible replacement board to ensure proper functioning of your printer.
How do I turn on raise3d pro2?
To turn on the Raise3D Pro2, follow these simple steps:
1. Make sure the power switch on the back of the printer is in the OFF position.
2. Plug in the power cord to the printer and connect it to a wall outlet.
3. Press the power button located on the front of the Pro2 near the top left corner.
4. The printer should start up and display the Raise3D logo on the screen.
It’s important to note that the Pro2 has a built-in power recovery feature. This means that if the printer is turned off unexpectedly, for example in the event of a power outage, the printer will resume printing from where it left off once power is restored. This can save time and materials if a print job is interrupted.
Additionally, the Pro2 has a user-friendly touchscreen interface that allows for easy navigation through menus and settings. This makes it simple to adjust settings like bed temperature and nozzle height, and to initiate print jobs.
Overall, turning on the Raise3D Pro2 is a straightforward process, and its user-friendly interface and power recovery feature make it an excellent choice for professional 3D printing.
Replacing the electronics board on a Raise3D Pro 2 3D printer is a straightforward process but requires some technical knowledge and the right tools. If you’re comfortable working with electronics and have experience repairing 3D printers, you should be able to replace the board on your own.
However, if you’re not confident in your ability to replace the board, it’s best to seek assistance from a professional. Attempting to replace the board without the necessary skills can cause additional damage to your printer, which may be costly to repair.
In conclusion, by following the steps outlined in this article, you should be able to successfully replace the electronics board on your Raise3D Pro 2 3D printer. Always remember to disconnect the printer’s power supply before working on any internal components and make sure to test all the functions of your printer after replacing the board to ensure optimal performance.